Honey. Drizzled over a slice of fresh bread or eaten directly from the spoon is one of life’s great pleasures. And with beehives on urban rooftops, in a neighbor's back garden – even schemes for adopting bees or renting hives – becoming a honey producer seems… possible. So how easy is it and what’s involved?
By sharing the journey of 18-year-old beekeeper Orren Fox – who clearly remembers what it’s like to be a rookie – you’ll discover that keeping your own honeybees is easier than you think. Find out:
- How and where to set up your hive
- The tools and equipment you need to get started
- The job of inspecting the hive
- How and when to harvest your honey
With delicious honey-based recipes shared by talented and resourceful chefs and cooks, including Honey & Co., you’ll learn all about bees and their inspiring world of work and honey production. You may even be tempted to buy your first bee suit.
- Clear and informative guide for aspiring beekeepers
- Delicious recipes to put your hard-earned honey to good use
- Gorgeous colour and B&W photography throughout