Why anatomē was created
Brendan Murdock - our founder - is passionate about the apothecaries of old that dispensed herbal remedies, potions and lotions to support health + wellbeing. Working with botanicals and essential oils for many years and through his creative passions and interest in food, perfume and skincare he had a deep desire to update and reinvent the apothecary for a new generation.
The result is anatomē, a place you can visit not only to shop for the finest products he and his team have developed, but also to speak to health practitioners and receive advice and the strategies you need to support your wellbeing.
The power of botanicals
Botanicals and essential oils are being recognised more and more through institutional research for their potential in supporting emotional and physical health.
Through a period of immense stress Brendan began using essential oils to support his own health and wellbeing. He discovered that the marketplace for 'aromatherapy' as he knew it was stagnated, most essential oil blends consisted of low quality oils with no focus on 'scent' and the scientific research that underpins their ability to perform often missing.
Brendan began working with his team of aromacologists and nutritionists to research the best botanical extracts for sleep, optimised performance and emotional wellbeing. This process called 'aromachology' is the study of the influence on odours on human behaviours, connecting feels and emotions.
To support the aromachology collection the anatomē team also began working with sports scientists and dermatologists to develop a fully comprehensive line of natural dietary supplements and skincare using scientifically proven ingredients alongside rare botanical extracts.
We focused on the science with an evidenced based approach, that is why we refer to the creation of our oils as aromachology which is just that. Aromatherapy is more holistic in its approach.
anatome is driven by a simple belief that nutritional and emotional balance is the pathway to a healthy, fulfilling life.
- Anatome is driven by a simple belief that nutritional and emotional balance is the pathway to a healthy, fulfilling life.
- We adapt our diet to our life, we don’t adapt our life to our diet.
- We believe the natural world can support our wellbeing alongside science.
- We support organic farming, transparency in our supply chains and sustainability in everything we do.
- We believe and engage fully in arts, culture and the sporting life - celebrating all forms of leisure!!
- We believe everyone needs to be taken care of, treated equally with the same levels of welcome.
- We celebrate the history of traditional medicine and the British apothecary.
- We like eclecticism and British quirkiness, blending the old with the new.